With QuickBooks problem 1328, a technical problem has unexpectedly surfaced. The interruption can cause your workflow to be delayed. You might have run across problem 1328 QuickBooks if you’re having issues with the QuickBooks Desktop software’s installation, update, repair, or removal. Due to the numerous circumstances that might lead to Error 1328 in the programme, it is one of the most frequent problems that QuickBooks users deal with.
Debugging this error in QuickBooks won’t be difficult, though, if you know the right techniques. In this blog post, we’ve covered a lot of QuickBooks update error 1328 reasons and various troubleshooting methods.
What does Error 1328 in QuickBooks mean?
Due to the QuickBooks problem number 1328, the QB Desktop programme cannot be updated, mended, installed, or removed. Moreover, a warning message with the text “Error 1328. Error upgrading files C:Config.MsiPTXXX.tmp” appears. To fix the problem, you’ll need to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop and fix the QuickBooks Desktop installation. Complete instructions on how to achieve this can be found on the rest of this page.
What Leads to Error 1328 in QuickBooks Updates?
It may be frustrating because QuickBooks installation error 1328 doesn’t explain what went wrong in detail. The error message box simply states, “Error 1328. Error upgrading file C:Config.MsiPT62C7.tmp. Software error-1072807676,” and provides the options of Abort, Retry, or Ignore; whichever option is selected, the error code display repeats. A screenshot of the QuickBooks problem 1328 when uploading a file is shown below:
- You can view a separate file title in the error report, which displays the data file that caused the error in the programme. When upgrading a document, the following circumstances result in QuickBooks returning error 1328:
- The primary and most frequent cause of the 1328 update issue is the usage of a licence number that is incompatible with the QuickBooks edition that consumers are attempting to use.
- If any important Windows system files are infected with viruses and malware.
- If the software installation documents you acquired for the installation are broken or only partially loaded, users may experience QuickBooks error 1328 while completing an update.
- improper Windows shutdown or an unanticipated system fault
- Application files that are flawed or malformed may be the source of error 1328.
- Recent modifications might have made some Windows registry settings unusable.
- Problems with networking and connections may be the cause of error 1328.
Given your knowledge of the reasons for QuickBooks Desktop upgrade issue 1328, you can try some simple self-debugging. Verify the software activation data you are using is accurate before registering QuickBooks after installation. A PC checkup with your favourite antivirus tool should also be performed to get rid of any potential computer infections. In light of this, let’s immediately begin professional QuickBooks upgrade issue debugging.
How to troubleshoot and resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328?
Try the following workarounds if problem 1328 on QuickBooks Desktop persists:
Method 1: Windows Update’s process.
If you update the operating system to the most recent version that is accessible, Windows components like MSXML, Microsoft.Net Framework, and C++ that QuickBooks needs to perform flawlessly will also be updated.
- In the search box, type “Windows Update” after pressing the Windows key on your computer to check for programmes and documents.
- Click the top icon to access the menu, then select Windows Update.
- Install Updates and Check for Updates should be clicked when Windows has finished collecting the upgrades.
- Restart your computer, then reinstall or upgrade QuickBooks to see if the error has been fixed.
Method 2: Make a Hidden File System different Config.msi
On a Windows machine, a file named Config.msi helps with software installation. Modifying the Config.msi file should force Windows to create a new one and help fix error 1328 if a corrupt Config.msi file is the root of the problem.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then choose Computer from the list of available programmes on the left.
- To start, choose Local Disk in the left side panel (C:).
- From the menu bar, select Organize and then select Folder and Search Preferences.
- Under the View page, uncheck the box to the left of Hide Protected Operating File System.
- Click OK and then submit.
- After that, enter “Config.msi file” into the window’s upper right-hand search box.
- Clicking the Config.msi file with the right mouse button will allow renaming.
- For example, add the suffix “.OLD” to the file name (Config.msi.OLD).
- When Windows is restarted and QuickBooks is used once again, Error 1328 should be resolved.
Method 3: Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool by obtaining it.
Using the QB Install Tool can instantly resolve any issues you may have with Windows components such as MSMXL. The Net Framework and C++ are the root causes of the QuickBooks 1328-update issue.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub using this link.
- Following the completion of the download, close any other Windows programmes that are running.
- The configuration file can be chosen from the device’s download by clicking.
- You must consent to the licencing terms and conditions in order to instal Tool Hub.
- Executing the system requires pressing the computer button.
- Software Installation Issues > QB Install Diagnostic Tool can be selected.
- To proceed, click the EULA Agreement. Yes.
- Clicking Continue will bring up the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool screen.
- Wait to update the tools until every component of Microsoft has been updated. Reboot the machine after the upgrade is finished, then try using QuickBooks once more.
Method 4: Modify the QB installation folder names.
Changing the directory will prevent QuickBooks from accessing any problematic files or folders in the QuickBooks installation folder that cause it to produce error message 1328, as well as any documents contained there. Because QB would create new files and directories, QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328 would eventually be resolved.
- Follow the directions in this blog to view Windows documents that are hidden.
- Utilize Windows explorer to find the QuickBooks folders on the C disc.
- Select Rename from the context menu by right-clicking each folder in the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Once you’ve appended OLD to the folder name, try utilising the QuickBooks Desktop programme once more.
Method 5: Detaching QuickBooks Desktop from its Windows installation
If neither of the troubleshooting procedures solve your QuickBooks Update Error 1328 problem, you can resolve it by restarting the QuickBooks Desktop application. The actions below should be followed to thoroughly reinstall QuickBooks:
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard at the same time to bring up the Run box.
- Search for “Control Panel” in the Run Screen’s search bar.
- To uninstall or change QuickBooks, locate it in the list of applications and features and click.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of programmes, then click Uninstall in the top-right corner.
- Please follow the instructions given for the uninstallation to be effective.
- Go to the Software Setup Issues page in QuickBooks Tool Hub after it has opened.
- Open the QuickBooks Clean Install Program, then choose I Accept from the screen that shows the legal deal.
- Follow the indicated instructions as soon as possible to run a brand-new QuickBooks installation on the computer.
Method 6: It’s time to fix QuickBooks Desktop’s setup.
As a last resort, you could try repairing QuickBooks Desktop’s installation. Follow these instructions to quickly address the QuickBooks Desktop setup issue and solve the issue.
- After accessing the Control Panel, go to Add/Remove Programs.
- Locate QuickBooks in the menu by clicking the Uninstall a Software button.
- Pick QuickBooks and select Repair from the options indicated at the top.
- Try to correct the faulty QuickBooks installation by doing the same action that caused the error in the first place.
Method 7: Utilize the System File Scanner.
System File Checker, a software for fixing system errors, is highly efficient. To put it into effect, follow these guidelines:
- There won’t be any results if you type “cmd” into the Start pane search box without pressing Enter.
- Alternately, hit Enter while simultaneously pressing Ctrl and Shift.
- Alternatively, you can launch CMD, click Command from the menu, and then decide to execute as Administrator.
- In the command prompt that opens once it has opened, merely type SFC/scan now.
- After the procedure is finished, close down any Windows that are still running, then start QuickBooks. Start a software update to check for error correction.
Method 8: Different Methods
- To fix the incorrect entries relating to the QuickBooks software, use a registry programme fix.
- In order to protect the computer from threats and infestations, run a malware and virus check.
- Delete any temporary files and folders from the computer.
- Update the hardware drivers on your PC.
- Reverse the changes made to the system currently
- Install any required Windows updates.
We advise calling Technical Helpline Number 18557381502 for fast assistance from our support specialists to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328 in the odd event that you face issues after completing the procedures described in this blog because you have to make changes to Windows setup.